Friday, November 10, 2006

Customer Service Number One in My Book

For today’s blog, I will be venturing away from the normal of writing about an interesting news article. Instead, I will be writing about my experience Friday afternoon at Buffalo Wings’ restaurant over off of Maysville Road. After class, we met some friends up there for some wings before going to work. The food was great, which would bring me back again; but the service was not so great.

First off, when paying 6 or 7 bucks for an order of wings, you should expect to get a couple sides (say honey mustard or hot sauce) included in that price. Nope! So, now we’re paying closer to 10 for a basket of wings. They’re good, but are they that good? It is annoying when companies do not emphasize customer service. I work in a place where we strive to do what’s right for the customer, with a slogan of “give ‘em the pickle!” Which, can be translated as, if they want extra sauce on their pizza, put it on! If they want a side of ranch, give it to them! Maybe working in a customer-focused company has caused me to be over-critical of others, but maybe we as consumers should be. Maybe companies should strive to make their customers happy, instead of trying to get every penny out of them they can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home