Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Investment Showing Signs of Good Return

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198714,00.html

This study shows how high rates of return are for those of us who decide to save our money. In today’s society, we are used to maxing out a few credit cards, making minimum monthly payments, and keeping a worry free state of mind. What people don’t realize is that they will soon have to pay off all that debt, twice as much over as they once had. It is easy to go to the store and buy everything you want with a piece of plastic, not realizing the cost of the item down the road. In some cases, you cannot pay off credit card debt by making only the minimum monthly payment. They charge so much in interest, that you get bound into something you never saw coming. This is why credit cards can be so dangerous.

On the other hand, for those of us who care about our financial future, and want to be debt-free, there is hope. As this news article shows, investing is paying a high return. Is it risky? Sure. But, so is going to the mall to buy on a line of credit. I only wish I had more money to invest at this time, as I struggle to get by as a college student. I would like to think I would put it to good use, and invest it wisely, but I’m also afraid that I enjoy fast cars too much. If I had a lot of money, I would probably end up buying a nice car, getting a few speeding tickets, paying huge insurance premiums, so much to where the whole thing would work against me. For now, I’ll enjoy my Integra, which is only fast enough to get into trouble in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home